Train-the-Practitioner Certification Programme
Hong Kong Design Centre has invited the LUMA Institute, a leading global education company to run Hong Kong’s first ever Train-the-Practitioner Certification Programme. This 2-day (December 3-4, 2018) immersive workshop teaches the skills and behaviors to lead an effective design thinking workshop. Participants will learn the skills to:
- Innovate using a structured and repeatable framework
- Get more out of customer research
- Promote productive interdisciplinary collaboration
- Generate ideas with creative and effective alternatives to traditional brainstorming
- Measure the impact of the resources spent
Participants will also receive three coaching sessions and a one-year subscription to on-demand resources and expert advice. This programme will benefit product development managers, designers, researchers, marketers, engineers, consultants, civil servants, social innovators, and educators in tertiary institutes.
LUMA Institute has created a framework to help you choose the best tool for each step of the innovation process, based on the people you’re designing for and the complexity of the systems in which you operate.
To earn LUMA certification as a practitioner of Human-Centered Design, participants must complete all of the following requirements:
- Attend the two-day Fundamentals of Human-Centered Design workshop (3-4 Dec 2018).
- Complete three Co-Evaluations in peer-partner sessions to ensure you and your partner give and get support in applying Human-Centered Design.
- Participate in at least two out of three remote cohort Check-Ins at 30, 60 and 90 days (dates to be determined) with expert coaching from a certified LUMA instructor.]
- Make at least one presentation during a Check-In to demonstrate how you applied Human-Centered Design in a project or an experience. Participants will be provided with examples and the template for presentation.
“A Taxonomy of Innovation”
Harvard Business Review, January 2014
KK Leung Building, The University of Hong Kong
Event Fee: $1,600 HKD
This event will be conducted in English. Attendees should have previously attended the Design Thinking 101 Workshop.Event Full
Design Thinking 101 WorkshopHong Kong Management Association, CYMA Charity Fund Management Development Centre, Shop 2, G/F, Pico Tower, 66 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Is design thinking reserved for the creatives? This myth could not be farther from the truth. This workshop invites people from all walks of life to receive a taste of design thinking.