The HK User Experience Hunt
February - March 2019
- To arouse community awareness and understanding of the key concepts and importance of human-centric design in creating value for business and in improving life for citizens
- To understand the key user experience concerns in the community and how people think their user experience can be improved
- To foster and catalyse improvements to user experience in Hong Kong through a citizen centric approach
Phase 1 (8 Feb – 2 Mar 2019)
Share a pain point in your daily experience and suggest how it can be improved with user needs in mind in the entry form
Phase 2 (8 – 30 Mar 2019)
“Like” your favorite idea from the top 5 selected by the judges, based on their impact, creativity, desirability, feasibility & viability. You may also give comments to the idea of your choice.
User experience includes all aspects of the end-user’s interaction with an organisation, its services, products, people, environment (physical and digital) and other artefacts. At the most fundamental level, a good user experience must be able to meet the needs of the customer. It should be simple, desirable and effective.
Design thinking helps address human needs in ways that are technologically feasible, financially viable, as well as socially and environmentally sustainable. The design thinking process involves multi-disciplinary and cross-departmental collaboration, including design, research, product/service development, technology, customer service, marketing, human resources etc
- Entrants must be residents of Hong Kong with a valid residential address in Hong Kong.
- Entrants must be aged 18 and or above at the launch of the campaign.
- Entrants aged under 18 may also participant with the consent of his/her parent or guardian.
- The following persons will not be eligible for participation:
a. The staff of the organizer and service providers of the campaign
b. The panel of judges and their immediate family members
- Entrants must first become a follower of the campaign’s social media page by clicking on the “Like” button
Phase 1: Ideas Hunt
Submit your personal information and ideas through this entry link, as shown on the Unleash HK Facebook/Linkedin post on or before 2 Mar 2019 (2359 hours), in one of the following formats:
- A visual image (photo, drawing, sketch etc) with a caption (Max: 16MB); or
- Text submission (Max: 100 words in English or 150 words in Chinese); or
- A video uploaded on YouTube (no more than 2 min) with Chinese or English voice over or subtitles
Phase 2: Selection and Voting Mechanism
The organizer will shortlist up to 20 entries for the panel of judges (comprising representatives of the supporting organisations) to select the top 5 entries based on the following assessment criteria of good design:
- Impact (20%) i.e. magnitude of the problem and impact of the solution
- Creativity (20%)
- Viability (20%)
- Feasibility (20%)
- Desirability (20%)
The organizer will post the top 5 entries on Unleash HK page on FB and LinkedIn and invite community to vote for their favorite ideas according to the aforementioned criteria.
Voters must submit their choice and personal information via this link by 30 Mar 2019 (2359 hours). They are encouraged to provide a constructive comment or suggestion to the idea that they like.
The Judges’ Favorite
- 1 night of stay at Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel Themed Room (Double x 2)
- 4 Ocean Park Smartfun Annual Passes (Gold)
Merit Awards (other top four choices)
- 1 night of stay at Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel Deluxe Room (Double)
- First 100 voters of the Judges’ Favorite will each receive an Ocean Park Admission Ticket.
- Voters providing the top 3 most constructive feedback to the Judges’ Favoriate will each receive 1 night of stay at Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel Deluxe Room (Double)
The organizer will announce the winners of the campaign on its website (www.unleashhk.org) on 15 April 2019.
The organizer or its representative will post the prizes to the winners by registered post.
In case of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version of the campaign information on this website, the English version shall prevail.
Questions about the campaign and the terms and conditions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.