Design Thinking Forum
The inaugural Unleash Forum to be held on March 8 and 9, 2019 will convene industry leaders, business professionals, design thinking practitioners, educators, non-profits and public sector organisations eager to explore new ways of thinking, working and collaborating.
Over two days of plenary talks, breakout sessions, networking activities and co-creation workshops, participants will learn best industry practices and emerging trends in design thinking..
Join the Unleash Forum on 8-9 Mar to learn how human-centric design can unleash the potential of your organization, your employees and our next generations! Early bird registration till 11 Feb via https://unleashforum.eventbrite.hk
Distinguished Speakers include:
- Deborah Alden – Director, CultureOS Deployment, WeWork
- Paul Bennett – Chief Creative Officer and Partner, IDEO
- Prof Richard Buchanan – Professor, Design & Innovation, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University
- Bidyut Dumra – Executive Director, Head of Innovation, DBS
- Quinn Lai – Founder, EONIQ
- Kaleb Rashad – Director, High Tech High, San Diego
- Sandy Speicher – Managing Director, Education Practice and Partner, IDEO
- Stan Tang – Chairman, Stan Group
Day 1 will focus on applications of design thinking in the commercial, public, and non-profit sectors. The afternoon workshops will examine how design thinking can catalyse digital transformation in a human-centric way, support employee engagement and enable business model innovation.
Day 2 will look into how design thinking can help equip students with the essential 21st century skills. Participants will discuss how design thinking can support student-centric, enquiry and project based learning; as well as STEM education and career and life planning. The afternoon workshops will give participants a taste of design thinking and how school leaders can go about introducing design thinking into the classroom.
On both days, participants can also join a Designing Your Life workshop in the afternoon, learning how to use design thinking to find one’s passion and purpose in life. The workshop is suitable for educators as well as mid-career professionals and retirees in search of their life path.
|Business & Society (8 Mar)||Education (9 Mar)|
|Middle to senior level business executives & professionals in private/public sectors and NGOs||Primary and secondary school principles, teachers and teachers-to-be|
|Pecha Kucha: Meet Hong Kong Design Thinking Practitioners|
Registration for the event
* Design thinking practitioners in Hong Kong are invited to present your work during the Pecha Kucha Session. Please indicate your interest in the registration form. Spots are limited.
The Wave, Level 10, 4 Hing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
March 8/9, 2019
Normal rate: $800/day
Special educator rate: $400/day
Special student rate: $100/day
Early bird on or before 11.2.19
Special rate: $600/day
Special educator rate: $200/day
Special student rate: $50/day